DARE TO BE YOUR BEST SELF
The Prince William Award is a character and resilience building programme ran by SkillForce. Each Session is led by Paul Foalee a Skillforce Coach.
The basis of this Award is Experiential Learning – Students learn and embed knowledge through experience and learning is facilitated through coaching.
This Award is aimed at developing character. The essence of the Award is for children to experience activities, where character qualities can be displayed. Through facilitation and feedback, children will reflect upon, and learn to understand, the value of significant character traits in five different areas.
- Personal Development – Building a foundation of inner strength, as well as improved physical and emotional health.
- Relationships – Looking at how individuals can be more effective in connecting with other people.
- Working – Engaging in any activity that requires mental or physical strength to achieve a result, bringing together personal development and relationships and adding the dimensions of leadership and team.
- Community – Providing the context for individual decision-making and for teams to make a contribution to people around them through project work and a neighbourly attitude.
- Environment – Framing the whole Award by engaging in outdoor activities in contact with nature, providing a universal link with someone beyond ourselves.
Today was about caring for others. Paul taught us some first aid and we played relay mummy.
Today we played some games that were designed for much older children. That didn’t stop us! Paul said we were excellent today.
Today was about developing confidence and working in a group. It was all about listening to each other and co-operating with each other.
Paul introduced himself and we played some games to help us all become part of a team. The qualities we worked today were, physical health, cooperation, communication, sharing, listening, belief in self and teamwork.